Our solar blinds are getting attention in Ottawa! In a recent article by the Ottawa Citizen Marketplace: 9 window dressings that let the light in but keep the heat and UV rays out our solar blinds are featured for their UV protection and sense of style. With the hot summer days on their way investing in solar blinds means investing in a cooler more energy efficient home. Did you know, our solar blinds are transparent? Making a perfect minimalist addition to any room. Show off your windows! Read the article here »
We are honored to be named one of HomeStars best companies for 2013! This is our 4th year winning. Thank you to all of our valued customers. It’s your shining reviews that make us stars! We promise to continue providing exemplary service throughout the 2014 year.
Diana Livshits, talks on CTV News about how to environmentally control the temperature at home in the summer or winter.
Visit us at the Ottawa Home & Garden Show this March! The show runs March 20th-23rd, 2014 at the EY centre.
Adults : $13 - Get a $3 discount when purchasing tickets online.
Seniors (60+) : $11
Youth (13-17) : $11
Children (12 & under) : FREE
This January 24 to 26, 2014 visit our booth at the Home & Renovations Show at the EY centre in Ottawa. This event features great products and renovation ideas for your home, all under one roof.
Entry fee is only $12! Visit homerenovationsshow.com for more details.
Krumpers is proud to announce our product feature in Family Living Magazine. The Family Finds section lists our Solar Blinds as a unique way to regulate your home’s temperature year round.
See feature here.
Autumn is invariably a prelude of falling winter temperatures but along with the colder weather the symphony of vibrant red, orange and yellow foliage, lots of pumpkins and the anticipation of the holiday season. So while the weather is still cooperating here are some simple projects to get your home ready for the cold weather season.
- Stock up on furnace filters, clean ducts and consider switching to a programmable thermostat. (We love “Nest”)
- Get the Fireplace ready, make sure that it has been cleaned in the last 2 years, cap or screen the top of to keep rodents out.
- Inspect the roof, gutters and downspouts
- Service weather specific equipment, drain the gas from lawnmowers, service the snow blower to make sure its ready for use, replace old rakes and snow shovels, clean dry and store gardening equipment.
- Check foundation
- Check smoke and carbon dioxide detectors
- Check the windows to make sure that they close properly
- Remove mosquito screens
- Check the calking around the windows
- Consider Krumpers Solar Blinds so that you can enjoy the view while reducing your heating and cooling costs by up to 41%
Check out the Ottawa Home and Design Show!
From September 27th – 29th. For more information click here or the image below!